Is this Certification Right for Me?
Demonstrate your strategic international HR leadership with the Senior Professional in Human Resources – International™ (SPHRi™) from HR Certification Institute (HRCI). The SPHRi, for internationally based HR leaders, validates senior-level HR competency and mastery of generally accepted HR principles in strategy, policy development and service delivery in a single international setting.
Am I Eligble?
To be eligible for the SPHRi you must meet one of the following conditions for education and experience*:
- Have at least four years of experience in a professional-level HR position + a master’s degree or global equivalent,
- Have at least five years of experience in a professional-level HR position + a bachelor’s degree or global equivalent, OR
- a minimum of seven years of experience in a professional-level HR position + a high school diploma or global equivalent.
* The SPHRi requires documented knowledge of local employment laws.
What Is the Exam Format & Length?
- Computer-based Testing (CBT) at a Prometric testing center
- Exam time: 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Exam length: 105 multiple-choice questions + 25 pretest questions
- Language: English (Spanish Translation Aid available)
What Is Covered?
Review the SPHRi Exam Content Outline for details.
How Much Does It Cost?
Exam Prep Class Fee: N127,500.00 (covers tuition, refreshments, study slides, ebooks)
SELF-STUDY: Can’t Attend? Register and Get the Self-Study Pack or Online Access at 300 USD (or Naira equivalent) This covers exam prep materials, online access to quizzes, flash cards and case studies.
Exam Fee: $300 + Application Fee*: $75
*application fee is non-refundable
When Can I Take the Exam?
Testing for the SPHRi is available year-round, subject to availability at the Prometric testing center of your choice.
How Do I Remain Certified?
Your SPHRi certification is valid for three years after testing. To maintain your SPHRi credential, you must earn 60 recertification credits over a three-year time span. Of the 60 recertification credits required, 15 must be Business Management & Strategy credits. Learn more about HRCI recertification requirements.