Is this Certification Right for Me?
Earn international HR acclaim with the Professional in Human Resources – International™ (PHRi™) from HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). The PHRi, for internationally based practitioners, validates professional-level competency, knowledge and skills to help to propel your HR career forward. With the PHRi, you demonstrate mastery of generally accepted technical and operational HR principles in a single international setting.
Am I Eligible?
To be eligible for the PHRi you must meet one of the following conditions for education and experience:
- Have at least one year of experience in a professional-level HR position + a master’s degree or global equivalent,
- Have at least two years of experience in a professional-level HR position + a bachelor’s degree or global equivalent, OR
- Have at least four years of experience in a professional-level HR position + a high school diploma or global equivalent.
What Is the Exam Format & Length?
- Computer-based Testing (CBT) at a Prometric testing center
- Exam time: 3 hours and 15 minutes.
- Exam length: 145 multiple-choice questions + 25 pretest questions
- Language: English (Spanish Translation Aid available)
How Much Does It Cost?
Exam Prep Class Fee: N127,500.00 (covers tuition, refreshments, study slides, ebooks)
SELF-STUDY: Can’t Attend? Register and Get the Self-Study Pack or Online Access at 300 USD (or Naira equivalent) This covers exam prep materials, online access to quizzes, flash cards and case studies.
Exam Fee: $200 + Application Fee*: $75
*application fee is non-refundable
When Can I Take the Exam?
Testing for the PHRi is available year-round, subject to availability at the Prometric testing center of your choice.
How Do I Remain Certified?
Your PHRi certification is valid for three years after testing. To maintain your PHRi credential, you must earn 60 recertification credits over the three-year time span or retake the exam. Learn more about HRCI recertification requirements.