Is this Certification Right for Me?
Advance your HR career by earning the Professional in Human Resources® (PHR®) from HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). The PHR demonstrates your mastery of the technical and operational aspects of HR management, including U.S. laws and regulations. The PHR is for the HR professional who has experience with program implementation, has a tactical/logistical orientation, is accountable to another HR professional within the organization, and has responsibilities that focus on the HR department rather than the whole organization.
Am I Eligible?
To be eligible for the PHR you must meet one of the following conditions for education and experience:
- Have at least one year of experience in a professional-level HR position + a Master’s degree or higher,
- Have at least two years of experience in a professional-level HR position + a Bachelor’s degree, OR
- Have at least four years of experience in a professional-level HR position + a high school diploma.
What Is the Exam Format & Length?
- Computer-based Testing (CBT) at a Prometric testing center
- Exam time: 3 hours
- Exam length: 150 multiple-choice questions + 25 pretest questions
What Is Covered?
Review the PHR and SPHR Exam Content Outline for details.
How Much Does It Cost?
Exam Prep Class Fee: N127,500.00 (covers tuition, refreshments, study slides, ebooks)
SELF-STUDY: Can’t Attend? Register and Get the Self-Study Pack or Online Access at 300 USD (or Naira equivalent) This covers exam prep materials, online access to quizzes, flash cards and case studies.
Exam Fee: $375 + Application Fee*: $75
*application fee is non-refundable
When Can I Take the Exam?
Testing for the PHR is available year-round, subject to availability at the Prometric testing center of your choice.
How Do I Remain Certified?
Your PHR certification is valid for three years after testing. To maintain your PHR credential, you must earn 60 recertification credits over a three-year time span or retake the exam. Learn more about HRCI recertification requirements.